The children always convey a unique joy. However, lately, there has been more doubt about whether it’s a good idea or not to have a Child-Free Wedding.
More and more couples are preferring to have an adults-only wedding. Although it may seem like a rude decision, many couples have their reasons for making this choice.
In this blog, we help you decide whether it’s a good idea to invite children to your special day.
How to make the decision for a Child-Free Wedding?
It’s important to consider your closest guests. Think about whether your family members have someone to leave their children with or not. Also, consider the age of the children because if they are very young, leaving them alone is not advisable.
Take into account the advantages and disadvantages of not having children at your wedding. It’s crucial that the decision you make is entirely yours and that no one influences it.
- Free time: A wedding is the perfect moment to enjoy. Often, children get bored and insist on wanting to leave, which can be tiresome for parents. This is where a child-free wedding is a great idea. There won’t be any inconvenience during the party, and everyone will enjoy as much as they want until whenever they want.
- No children’s menu: Many times, adding a children’s menu can be even more expensive. By not inviting children to your wedding, you won’t have to worry about this small but important detail.
- Avoid accidents: Children love to be running and playing all the time. Unfortunately, if there is no one to take care of them during the wedding, they may have an accident. Whether they fall or bump into something, it creates a moment of stress and concern.
- Lower costs: While it’s true that inviting children to the wedding increases costs, not having them means fewer guests and other cost-saving measures. For example, there would be no need for a children’s menu (as mentioned earlier), babysitters, children’s areas, entertainment, among other things.
- Guest Absence: If you decide to have a child-free wedding, you must consider that some guests may not attend for this reason. Whether they don’t have anyone to leave their children with or they simply prefer not to go out without them, they may choose not to attend your wedding.
- Children Bring Joy: While attending a wedding and experiencing the celebration of love is undoubtedly joyful, it must be acknowledged that the presence of a baby or young child always brings happiness. Watching them dance, smile for photos, play, etc., always adds a touch of joy and enhances the enjoyment of the evening.
- Forever Memories: What better way to have beautiful memories of your wedding than with these children? As they grow up, you can show them photos or tell them about the anecdotes they experienced during your special day. Keep incredible memories with them.
- Offense: It is to be expected that not wanting children at your wedding can offend some people, especially if they are close relatives. Not inviting their children can cause them discomfort or make them feel uneasy during your wedding.
You have to consider that the decision to invite children to your wedding is entirely yours and your partner’s. Think about the advantages and disadvantages that come with it and what you both want. If you have close relatives with children, it’s important to take them into account. Consider the decision that is best for you and your wedding, but also contributes to creating a more comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere.
Choose the option that seems best to you and make your special day beautiful and unique
Riviera Cancun Weddings is a local enterprise that helps you with your event planning in the Mexican caribbean. Counts with professional planners; also transportation; accommodations; and of course, wedding planning services for your dream wedding.
You would like to read: Wedding Entertainment Ideas for Kids at Weddings